Pants Dispenser

Don't steal home without it!

ThinkExist.com Quotes

Monday, April 04, 2005

My First Interview

I was interviewed today by a student journalist doing an article on the phenomenon known as "phantom cell phone vibration"; otherwise known as "whenever I am on vacation and have a secret dread that I will be called by the office or my boss and have to stop being on vacation in order to spring into action.


It goes like this:


Me: Hooray! I just woke up. It's 12:30 in New York, and I don;t have any messages! Yippee!

Some time passes, and I keep wondering if I'll get through the day without a call.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I check my cell phone- did it ring?- nope, it was just the car.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I check my cell phone- did it ring?- nope, it was just the elevator door.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I check my cell phone- did it ring?- nope, it was just a police taser.

repeat throughout the day/week of vacation, transforming vacation into non-vacation.

So you can see that this is something about which I have some knowledge. I don't necessarily want said knowledge, but I have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home